The Postalm ski area offers 9 lifts for all abilities. Whether beginner or advanced, there's something for everyone. Ideal for families! 5km, 10km and 15km cross country tracks also available, as well as tobogganing track, curling lanes, tuberiding...
There are several guesthouses and restaurants to cater for you.
- Lienbachhof (www.lienbachhof.at)
- Jugendgästehaus und Welserhütte (www.youhey.at)
- Blonde Hütte(www.blonde-huette.at)
- Almgasthof Alpenrose (www.youhey.at)
- Stroblerhütte (www.stroblerhuette.at)
Sport Girbl, in the ski area
Tel.: +43 6137 6095 (www.sport-girbl.at)
Pro Travel Shop in St.Wolfgang
Tel.: +43 6138 2525 (www.protravel.at)
A ski storage area is opposite the ski school office, where you can leave all your equipment.
Frequently asked questions
- Is lift pass included in the cost of tuition?
No, lift passes are extra. Lift pass prices are on www.postalm.at. Children in the Kinderland learning area do not require a lift pass.
- Is the road toll included in the cost of tuition?
No, when you buy your lift pass, you will be refunded the road toll.
- Is equipment hire included in the cost of tuition?
No, please rent your equipment in advance at Sport Girbl or Pro Travel.
- Do we need to book beforehand, or can we turn up?
Booking beforehand is good, then you are guaranteed a place. Likewise with private tuition, booking in advance helps make your holiday go more smoothly.
- How long in advance should we book private tuition?
Ideally one day in advance, or a phonecall in the morning.
- Can we cancel private tuition?
Sometimes children can get sick overnight, or you have to be somewhere in an emergency. We kindly ask you to call us as early as possile if you wish to cancel private tuition.
- How are the groups split up?
Beginners - anyone taking up snowsports for the first time
Advanced - anyone with prior experience who can come to a stop unassisted. Splitting into groups involves a quick demonstration on our practise slope.
- How many in each group?
We try to keep groups between 8 and 12 persons.
- When do we pick up our children from group lessons?
5 minutes before the lesson ends. Meeting point is by the ski school office.
- Do we need to be with our toddlers for the 'Schizwerge' (Ski-dwarves) lessons?
No, our instructors will happily look after the toddlers. You can leave your telephone number with the instructor in the event of any problem, and enjoy your own holiday.
- From what age should children join group lessons?
Your own child's physical development is the key. From 3.5 years of age toddlers are allowed in the 'Schizwerge' (Ski-dwarves) class. If your child feels uneasy in a group, you can try a private instructor.
- Are children split into groups according to age and ability?
Of course we try to form groups of similar age and ability, where possible.
- Is there a Skikindergarden?
No, for the little ones we offer half-day lessons or private tuition.
- Is baby-sitting available?
No, but if you will be late collecting your child, please let the skischool office know.
- Can you join a group anytime?
Yes for advanced skiers, of there's a group available. If you're a beginner, please call us on +43 664 4017536, so we can make arrangements.